Thursday, April 27, 2006

Let The Mischief Begin!


Now that Karthik's been crawling for a while and has mastered the art of moving around on all fours, he has a newfound sense of independence that I'm sure is rather liberating to him. After all, after all these months of laying in one place and being at the mercy of those around him to get to other spots, he can now get around on his own. More importantly, he must've realized by now that he doesn't have to depend on us to bring him something he has laid eyes on. If he wants something, he can now go and get it (as long as its on the ground!). For us its a real cute sight as he crawls towards something with single-minded determination, his diapered behind sticking out and wiggling in the air.

But this is also the time we've realized how messy our house actually is! Karthik is drawn to anything on the floor like a moth to a light. Pieces of paper, broken potato chips, bread crumbs, broken crayons - his sharp eyes miss nothing. He is pretty much a human vacuum cleaner, zooming to anything on the floor, picking it up and popping it into his mouth faster than you can say "Germs!". So he really keeps us on our toes.

Needless to say, I think the crawling stage is the cutest stage in a baby's growth. But I do reserve the right to change this opinion when Karthik starts walking though :-)

14 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol at 'human vacuum cleaner' :)

balaji, karthik does look very cute & seems to be enjoying his newly found mobility.

i find the energy of newly crawling/walking babies amazing - they never seem to get tired moving around!

such a contrast between the 2 Ks - Kavya's pic is also cute, i can see the determination in her expression :)

 
At 12:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a study in contrasting expressions:

Kavya's is more of the "Daddy, go ahead watch Jo in Vettaiyaadu, I can help myself on the floor" whereas Karthik's is "Yippee! Daddy, here's a piece of Jo's photo that Mummy tore apart the other day when you refused to give me my cereal and instead typed out a blog entry about us!" ;) Sorry, Mrs. BB, just a joke!

 
At 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

real cute baby.

reminds me of my brother when he was younger and my 1+ yr old nephew.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger ரிஷி said...

Nice collection!!

this reminds me...my niece , who too look similar like karthik....(not only in looks and his "cleaning ":):)

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Meera said...

human vaccum cleaner.. myriad expressions.. lol !!

 
At 4:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol...very cute. Drishti suthi podunga!

Soumya

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger kuttichuvaru said...

cute pic!! gud start to my day!! :-)

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Munimma said...

Man, that smile! I think it is a veetukku veedu vasapadi thing - older one is softer, second one is brimming with kurumbu :-) He does look like he knows that a smile will get him anything! I miss those times when all they could do was crawl! Now mine are climbing up on to counter tops and jumping around.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Me too said...

The crawling babies always remind of "Baby's day out". Inime unga remote, keyboard-lellam avalavudhaan!
BB, unga 'smiley' face-kku padhila Karthik face pottukonga!!

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger KK said...

Hey Balaji, Nice pictures. Karthik has a nice smile. He has grown up lot since I saw him 7 months back..

I am sure you are thinking who am I...I am Priya's brother. I read your blog regularly.

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

prasanna, so true. he seems to have gotten the mischievous look almost as soon as he started crawling. almost like he's telling us that he is going to crawl to all dangerousthings in the house now!

deepa, i guess that energy comes out of the excitement of realizing that they are mobile now! as for kavya, thats not determination. thats just a pointblank refusal to smile for any pictures :)

ram, nice imagination :)

anon, thanx :)

rishi, a niece who looks like karthik. must be a tomboy :)

me/achilles/soumya/kuttichuvaru, thanx :)

munimma, exactly what our friends say when we talk about karthik walking soon :)

me too, remotes r already in a pretty bad condition! :)

kk, thanx. always nice to know about new readers :)

kavitha, yep definitely a cute sight :) as not as much trouble as when they start walking!

 
At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Fellow! I was just searching blogs,and I found yours! I like it!
If you have a moment, please visit my toys action games site.
Good luck!

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blogger, I found your blog quite informative.
I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my travel blogs site.
Have a great week!

 
At 5:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Blackberry software for mac Sialic acid proactiv fda recommendation s on bextra Celexa and dizzy spells Free credit score ftc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home