Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day Special

Its Valentine’s day, the day dedicated to love the world around. So, similar to what I did on Rajni's birthday, I’ll be posting my top 5 favorite romances from Tamil movies during the day today.

Romance is ofcourse inseparable from Tamil cinema. I mean, there have been movies without fights, comedy, songs and even dialogs. But I don’t think there has so far been a Tamil movie without love.

A couple of points… I’m keeping away from full-length romances(since the list then would begin and end with Idhayathai Thirudaadhey!). In other words, I’m sticking to romances in movies that then went on to other things. Also, ‘cuteness’ is the primary attribute I’m focusing on in the romances. So cute and sweet romances will have the edge over mature, serious or deep love stories.

Let the lovin’ begin…

6 Comments:

At 3:06 AM, Blogger Meera said...

am looking forward to this..

 
At 5:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember snehithiye..didn't have a hero but a very hero-centric movie. And I also think it was in some way about love. AS TAbu's sister was in love with a guy who was just using her (I think) and that formed the centrepiece to the story...

It's true that there's not just romance films circling around, but just about all if not all TAmil (and also other language) films have some relevance to love in some way, shape or form IMO.

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuteness is dime a dozen though. but when i try to think of romantic movies in which both partners have personalities outside of their romance and develop a love by getting to know each other normally (or at least with out stalking and hysteria), i come up with.... uh, vikram/surya in pithamagan.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Balaji said...

venkat, as anon said, 'snehithiye' did have romance. just not a very happy one :)

and i don't remember much about 'desiya geetham' except for the main story. but it did have rambha. so r u sure there was no romance?

anon, do i detect some sarcasm? :)

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kaathalukku Mariyaathai and Thullaatha Manamum Thullum were, from my point of view, full length romances as well. I can't remember any other films, though I am sure, there are others that ran solely on the romance thread.

-Kajan

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would Minsara Kanavu fall into this category?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home