Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Hanuman

Guest post by Kavya

[Pic Courtesy Rediff]

I watched the new animated film Hanuman last weekend(and a few times since then!). I have seen Ramayana many times since I also own that DVD and and so I know the story very well. Hanuman is my favorite character in Ramayana and so this movie was even more fun.

My favorite part of the movie is when Hanuman is a baby. He is so cute(like my baby brother Karthik) and I always laugh when he flies to the sun thinking that it is a mango. The song here, called Akdam Bakdam..., is very fast and catchy as baby Hanuman flies around, fights with rakshasas and saves animals. Though it seemed similar to a song sequence in Tarzan, it is the most enjoyable part of the film. It is also funny when he is naughty and troubles the sages.

Since the film is only about Hanuman, I learned many new things about the monkey God that I didn't know before from watching Ramayana. I thought Hanuman met Rama and Lakshmana only in the forest but I learned that he went to Ayodhya when they were young princes and played with them. I also came to know of many things like why he lost his divine powers till he grew up. The background of some of the segments, like Vaali's episode, were a bit too much for me and so I just watched them just for the animation.

My dad said that the animation was not as smooth as in movies like The Lion King and that it was jerky. Though I love The Lion King, I didn't notice anything different when I watched this movie. It was very colorful and didn't make me bored and that is all I look for in a movie.

"2 Thumbs Up" from me for Hanuman.

20 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger Siva Nara said...

I've been wanting to own this DVD and now that you have given a good review, I'll buy it in the store this weekend.

My wife Priya, is a big fan of Hanuman and she would be thrilled to watch this DVD.

 
At 2:54 AM, Blogger Siva Nara said...

Also, I watch only films if Balaji gives excellent reviews for it.

Thanks Balaji for your continuous efforts.

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Gladtomeetin said...

Hey, yah i agree....The Baby hanuman is very cute, but if they would have extended the story of his childhood for some more time...it would have been really excellent! It all gets over in a song :-(( and after that if people know the story of the movie, i dont think its very exciting to them.....

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

//My dad said that the animation was not as smooth as in movies like The Lion King and that it was jerky. Though I love The Lion King, I didn't notice anything different when I watched this movie. It was very colorful and didn't make me bored and that is all I look for in a movie.//

Don't worry, Dhanya. You are just too young to look for technical flaws in a movie. Wait for a few more years and you would also grow up like your dad to notice even the slightest of flaws and bash the movie :)

How different we look at things !!!

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Raju said...

haha.. Balaji, just an hour ago, I posted the review in my blog.. Kavya has written better than me..

We two have touched upon some common points, as usual.. :-)

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jeevan said...

Look this movie have many intersting scean. first time hearing that, Hanuman played with rama when he was kid.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

siva, yes the film is thoroughly enjoyable.

glad, thanx for dropping by. yeah the baby hanuman was the best part. but it doesnt end with the song. then he goes to meet rama too right?

mav, yeah. age of innocence :) btw, its kavya and not dhanya :)

raju, yep. as usual :)

jeevan, thanx for dropping by. yeah that was something new for me too :) katradhu kai mann alavu; kallaadhadhu ulagalavu :)

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger Narayanan Venkitu said...

Is the DVD available?? Or did you see it in the theatres. I bought the DVD of Pandavas a few weeks back..didn't find this.

From the review, looks like a nice film.! Thank you

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i will rent it this weekend.

hanuman is my favorite god..

:)

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Balaji
Sorry about the name mixup.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

narayanan, i saw it on dvd. i think it came out only last week.

btw, will miss your posts. enjoy ur break and come back soon :)

sundar, i'm sure everyone in your family will njoy it :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger Me too said...

bb, do you know of websites where the 'Ramayan' DVD is available? I wanted to get one from India last time but didn't find one. (Ended up buying a 'Thenali Raman' VCD which seemed too gory for my 3 yr old!)

 
At 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Kavya, a good one.Your ghost writer has brouht forth your thoughtsin a nice manner.
Waiting for more thoughts from you and in the due course from Karthik too!

Swamy

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Siva Nara said...

Kavya/Balaji,

Got the DVD for my wife and she loved it.

Nice post and thanks for recommending this animation.

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs, and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam I DON'T but if they don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... Thank you.fresh flowers for wedding cake

fresh flowers for wedding cake

 
At 4:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
I have a automotive engineering jobs search china site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Best regards!

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site

 
At 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

best site

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home