Wednesday, November 16, 2005

To-Read List

For the Tamil cinema lover in me, April 14 was a red letter day since movies with Rajni, Kamal and Vijay all got released the same day. For the reader in me, yesterday was April 14 all over again with three books landing up on my to-read list the same day!

I have been waiting to read David Baldacci’s The Camel Club ever since it was released a couple of weeks ago and I finally managed to lay my hands on the book yesterday. Though a little sad that it doesn’t involve Sean King and Michelle Maxwell, the leads in his new, two book-old series, this book about a club of Washington conspiracy theorists seems right up Baldacci’s alley.

James Patterson’s new Alex Cross novel, Mary Mary, was also released yesterday and to my very pleasant surprise, I was able to pick that one up too from the library yesterday. Though Patterson has started the Women’s club series(which is already 4 books old) and co-authors a few stand-alone thrillers, the Alex Cross books hold a special place in my heart since it was a Cross book(Kiss The Girls) that introduced me to Patterson first. So it will be nice catching up with the detective as he goes after a female serial killer.

I was recently contacted by Priya Raghavan, who along with her husband Siva Nara, has written a book called Dollar Wise Penny Foolish. She is apparently a regular reader of this blog(and bbreviews) and enquired if I would be interested in reading their book. The book’s tagline(“romantic book on stocks for aspiring millionaires”) and subject(simplifying stock market concepts through fiction) seemed interesting and I expressed my interest. Priya graciously agreed to send me a complimentary copy of the book and so that book found its way to the coffee table yesterday too.

Its time to start reading!

11 Comments:

At 3:43 AM, Blogger Munimma said...

started camel club. usual Baldacci's style - love it so far.

sounds interesting - dollar wise. let me know how it goes.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Kaps said...

are u getting free tamil, hindi and english VCD's as well? I envy u.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

munimma, i've started 'mary mary'. thot itd be a quicker read.

will be reading $wise 3rd since the other 2 have time limits(3 weeks). will write about it for sure...

kaps, LOL. i wish!!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Munimma said...

Do you read only one book at a time? I usually have one in each room ;-)

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Siva Nara said...

This is Siva, Author of "Dollar Wise, Penny Foolish".

Priya and myself are big fans of Balaji. He has been doing such a fine job of writing reviews and through his blogs,connecting all Tamilians.

In U.S., when it is hard to find time to call our own friends, Balaji is doing such a fine job in spite of his hectic schedule between work and family.

Balaji, keep up your great work.

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

munimma, yep. never been able to do parallel processing as far as books r concerned :)

siva, wow thank u for those really nice words. really appreciate them :)

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Siva Nara said...

Balaji,

We don't get to watch movies that much. But we love your style of writings.

You really have a great writing talent in you.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

siva, coming from a bonafide author, thats real high praise. thanx :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://vdcqvfgo.com/wumi/obea.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zmhcgrik.com/fqpf/yngg.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://vdcqvfgo.com/wumi/obea.html | http://gbzkzlqg.com/vstm/aeug.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home