Tuesday, May 31, 2005

No Kids Please - Update

I recently posted a rant on Tamil parents taking their kids to movies(in this particular case, Kanaa Kanden) that were in no way suitable for viewing by kids. The Hindu's MetroPlus today has people from several walks of life voice their views on violence and sex in movies and their effect on children. According to Parvathy Viswanath, a psychologist, "Two major effects of reel violence are: children become less sensitive to pain and sufferings of others and they also behave in an aggressive manner. Children who watch the violent shows, even cartoons, are more likely to hit out at friends, argue, disobey class rules, leave tasks unfinished, and are less willing to wait for things". I rest my case!

4 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent pick, thanks
-Prabhu

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm probably not part of the intended target audience for this article (i'm still blissfully single!) but here's my side of it--> I do think that witnessing violent acts brings out the belligerent side in kids...having watched movies all my life, I dont remember having reacted any differently after watching a particular movie but I was quite the enfant terrible in school (high school, I mean)...but I think that had more to do with my attitude than watching Satyaraj in "Amaidhi Padai!" oops, sorry you were talking of violence and i am talking of insouciance...apeettu...

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Peeling with proactiv Engine conversion alfa romeo spider Spanish games for students liposuction cost Plavix modafinil con ferr roof rack Blueprint drawing software company hosting maryland web http://www.saunas-3.info affiliate program Polyurathane body kits download ringtones Sony clie pda 760c hardcore dvd water bed sheet licking shaved pussy http://www.black-dating-5.info engine looksmart marketing search play craps packages cruise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home