Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Curious George

Guest post by Kavya


My dad took me to the theater to watch Curious George on Sunday. It is a very cute movie about the famous cartoon monkey and I really enjoyed myself. I've read a few books based on Curious George but the film had a different story. It shows how George comes to America with the man in the yellow suit and then helps him save the museum that he works in.

The film is created by old-fashioned animation rather than the computer animation used in movies like Shrek and Madagascar. People say that this kind of animation is going out of fashion but I actually like it better. The animals look sweeter and cuter this way.

The movie is very bright and colorful throughout and a lot of fun whenever George is onscreen. The scenes where he plays with Ted are so cute. And he does a lot of funny things that made me laugh. But there are also a number of scenes without him which are kinda boring and I kept asking my Dad where George went. And the scene where is separated from Ted and locked in a cage made me cry.

The movie didn't have much for my dad though. He smiled and chuckled a bit during a few scenes but for the most part, his only entertainment was watching how much I enjoyed the movie. He said that one scene, where a famous shot from King Kong is recreated, was the only scene in the entire movie that was clever.

I can't wait for this movie to be released on DVD :-)

7 Comments:

At 11:47 PM, Blogger Rajesh Thiagarajan said...

Very good post given Kavya is a first timer.

Puli'ku porandhadhu punai aaguma...

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger Meera said...

such a cute post!!!
Kavya is another you in the makin huh?
Really good!!!

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wondering balaji annan, do u speak english in the house or tamil (with your kids off course)

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very good review kavvya. may be you should start your own site and you may overtake your dad ;)

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ganesh said...

nice writeup little one.
Balaji bayangara traininga ;)

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Orange Fronkey said...

Man I've been waiting for this movie...!!! I love monkeys and I LOVE George! =P


Nice review Kavya :). I'm glad you enjoyed it.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger narayanan said...

Another film critic in the making :-)

way to go girl :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home