Monday, March 07, 2005

Another one blogs the dust...

Hi there... Thanks for visiting! As the latest new kid on the blog, I guess a short intro won't be out of place. I'm from Madras, India originally and came to the US to do a Masters in Missouri (and actually did manage to get a degree!) Promises of a job and warmer winters(not necessarily in that order) brought me to California and thats where I've been since. Like thousands of others in the Bay Area, I'm a software engineer by day. But don't worry, this blog's gonna be mainly about what I do when I'm not wearing the garb of software engineer...

So now that you're here, what can you expect to find? A lot on Tamil movies, thats for sure! But there are a few other things I hope to scribble down. You'll probably find thoughts on the latest book I've finished, feelings on music I heard, links I stumbled upon and found interesting and/or newsworthy, any jokes I heard and thoughts on any electronic gadgets I had the chance to play with (though more often than not, it'll probably be on gadgets that I wish I had the chance to play with!). And yes, with a 3 and a 1/2 year girl at home and another one - this one a boy - on the way, you will probably find "Oh! she/he was so cute when she/he did this..." and "Aaargh! How do you handle her/him when she/he does that..." kinda posts too from time to time...

At this point, I guess I'm simply hoping that you find some or all of the above interesting enough to offer your comments and keep coming back! And ofcourse, if you do not find things interesting enough, just let me know what will make them so...

7 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok bj, we all love your tamil reviews but when are you going to move on to hindi philums

 
At 1:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I second that... what are your thoughts on, say, LAGAAN?

 
At 8:16 AM, Blogger Balaji said...

I do watch a lot of Hindi movies but my limited knowledge of Hindi (I am usually lost without subtitles) and the fact that I don't watch them with as much enthusiasm as Tamil movies has kept me from writing full-fledged reviews. But now that I've started blogging, I do plan on jotting down my thots on Hindi movies I watch from now onwards right here...

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

balaji i think ur reviews R THE BEST on tamil cinema...done a thorough search and research on it on the net..blessed u when i found what i wanted and blamed u when i didnt :)
u cld voice yr opinion on lagaan and dilchatha hai..2 movies that stole/captured a zillion hearts?
what abt eng songs that captivated u???
rekhs

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Balaji said...

rekhs, thank you so much on the great compliment. Its words like these that make me keep writing those reviews.

Considering the number of posters talking about Lagaan(3 already), looks like a post on the movie needs to be out soon.

Rarely listen to English songs nowadays. So if I do have any posts on that, it will have to be about some golden oldies (Simon and Garfunkel anyone?)

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

s and g..why not???isnt it amazing that songs sung in 1964 still makes us glow while hearing them??put our restless minds at ease??
hello darkness my old friend ...
the sound of silence supposedly written after they hrd abt president kennedy's assasination...
bridge over troubled waters is very soulful...paul said"I'm reminded of the last verse. It was about Peggy, whom I was living with at the time: "Sail on, silver girl ... / Your time has come to shine" was half a joke, because she was upset one day when she had found two or three gray hairs on her head."!!!!!!!!!!
infact paul simon's el condor pasa with I'd rather be a sparrow than a snail and I's rather be a hammer than a nail is truly thought
provoking!:)
dustin hoffman and anne bancroft in the graduate immediately brings to our mind three of their famous songs:
Mrs. Robinson, The Sound of Silence and Scarborough Fair...and this '67 movie is worth watching even today :)
rekhs

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Balaji said...

Wow... its been awhile since I heard S&G but your discussion of the songs has me humming them today! I guess I know what CD's gonna be in my car tomorrow! 'Bridge over Troubled Waters' is one of my all-time favorite songs. Soulfully sung and full of uplifting lyrics, it is a great song indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home