Sunday, August 16, 2009

Moving Out

As I moved slowly but surely towards the 15 Meg limit in the free Geocities account for bbreviews, I have been deliberating for a while about moving the reviews to a separate website. Yahoo! announcing that they will be closing Geocities in October forced my hand and I decided that it was time to finally make the move. And as long as I was doing that, I figured that I might as well begin to host this blog too at my own site.

www.bbthots.com is now up and running and the new address for the movie reviews website is www.bbthots.com/reviews. Further updates to both the blog and movie reviews will happen only in those places.

Neither bbreviews nor this blog started on any special days and so, wanting to start atleast the new site on a day that had some significance, I had hoped to launch the site yesterday, Aug 15 (and announce it with something suitably situational like freedom from geocities, blogger, etc.!) That was not to be and so it is being started on another unremarkable date, Aug 16. Another plan to launch bbthots.com with something big like the Kandhasamy review was also dashed by the decision to postpone the film's release to Aug 21. So it has turned to be a rather low-key launch.

Thanks for visiting and hope to see you over there...

12 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Sandya said...

Good luck with this move. I'm sure folks will continue to support you through you bbthots site also. Congrats again!..

Also, you hoping to write a Kandasamy review to coincide with the opening of this site.. hilarious! :-).. napaasai dhaane! ;-)

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new site! I have been following your reviews since the Minnoviyam days..wow, that was 10 years ago!! Your ability to still inflict pain on yourself by watching some movies that even the directors' spouses would avoid is extremely commendable. Thanks for the social service.

Kumar

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Prakash said...

Congrats bb. Will keep looking at your site for direction, more for what NOT to watch :)

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"announce it with something suitably situational like freedom from geocities"

that would be unsuitably situational. :-/

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Nagesh.MVS said...

Good Luck.

Earn 20000 in one Month. Work From Home

 
At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is wonderful that you haved reviews to bbthots. Please continue your service to Tamil Community. All the reviews are wonderful and useful.

 
At 6:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thanks for continuing to do this service. Your blog/review is the only place I go to, to read a hailing-from-Madras civilian's (like me) movie review.

I do have a question. I might not be looking in the right place, but is there somewhere where you put the star rating like 2.5 stars, etc.

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I would like to burn a theme at here. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.

For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I don't have problems with money now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I get now up to 2G a day , and I started with funny 500 bucks.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Turn to my web site to get additional info.

[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

 
At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very useful post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you learn that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did you guys learn that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home